Wednesday 23 November 2011

A Seriously Delicious Roast Pumpkin and Goats Cheese Salad (That is seriously easy to make).

I love this salad, because it pretty much consists of a bunch of different things I love - pumpkin and pine nuts at the top of the list! (Oh and I think it has got to be very nutritious as well. But I mainly eat it because of the taste!) Here is my way of preparing it:

  • Chop about 600g of pumpkin into small cubes. Toss them in a bowl with some olive oil, salt and pepper, and one crushed garlic clove. Bake in the oven until  tender in the middle.
  • While that's baking, wash 150g of baby spinach leaves, then toss them with about a tablespoon of olive oil and a dash of balsamic vinegar. 
  • Put some pine nuts onto a baking tray and toast them in the oven until they are slightly brown (a warning  - keep an eye on them because they can go from toasted to charred while your back is turned!)
  • Chop a red onion into wedges and soften in the oven for about 5 minutes, when the pumpkin is nearly ready.
  • Crumble up some goats cheese (or feta if you prefer) and toss with the spinach until just combined.
  • Now put it all together! Arrange the spinach on your plate, then artfully place some onion and pumpkin on top, sprinkle the pine nuts and voilĂ . :) Mmmm yummy...

1 comment:

  1. Genevieve,
    All the recipes sound soooo delicious!! I'm going to make the jam drop cookies first and the Roast pumpkin and goat cheese salad on the weekend. I'm almost afraid to make the carrot cupcakes at the moment in case I end up eating them all!! Ha!

    We seem to have similar likes when it comes to foods. Thanks for sharing your talents with me.

    Janelle

    ReplyDelete