So, here are the ingredients you need:
- 3 tbs cocoa powder
- 100g dark chocolate (I used 50g but decided after that it wasn't enough. You can adjust to your own taste and maybe use even less sugar)
- 3/4 cup dessicated coconut
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 cup hazelnut meal
- 1/2 cup coconut crystals
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup (or honey if you prefer)
- 125g salted butter (next time I'll experiment with coconut oil or cacao butter but I'm not sure if they will give the same texture)
- 1/2tsp bicarb soda
- 1 tbs boiling water
Chop up the chocolate roughly:
I prefer the texture of cutting up the chocolate myself rather than using whole chocolate chips. That way you get the big chunks as well as little crumbs of chocolate spread throughout the dough.
Melt the butter and syrup in a saucepan over low heat. Dissolve the bicarb soda in the boiling water then add this to the butter/syrup mixture.
Mix together the dry ingredients, then mix the wet ingredients in until it looks like this:
Roll tablespoon sized balls onto lined baking trays and flatten very slightly as they will spread while cooking.