Tuesday 29 November 2011

Binge Eating Disorder

I was thinking about this because last night my boyfriend commented that he noticed I'd lost a bit of weight (side note: YAY!) and then he asked how I did it. I had to think about it because I wasn't sure exactly how to put it. And then I realised the reason was because I don't binge eat anymore. Well, not hardly as much as I used to do. Yes I have been trying to eat more healthily and be active where I can, but I think my body is just going to it's natural weight because I have been eating normally as opposed to the cycles of bingeing I used to go through. (Though I do slip up on occasion.)

I think people don't realise that binge eating disorder (BED) is a real thing, a very real thing. I know I didn't, until I read an article a while ago about a girl who had BED and I realised I could relate to everything she said. To be honest, it freaked me out. Although it was great to finally know what was going on with me, at the same time it was scary to see that it was such a real problem. Of course, not long after that I read "If not dieting, then what?" which really really helped me. It made me realise how much of my eating was psychological and emotional...I wasn't just a lazy pig! Although I don't think I'm completely cured from BED, I definitely think I'm getting there, step by step.

No comments:

Post a Comment