- Listen to your body and eat what you feel like. Gradually you'll realise that most of the time you will want healthy food.
- Eat when you're hungry and stop when you're satisfied.
- Don't ever deprive yourself.
- Be aware of your non hungry eating and the reasons for it.
- Be active in whatever way is possible and enjoyable to you: any activity is good
- Speak gently to yourself!
- Acknowledge all small successes and changes in behaviour because they are the building blocks to lifelong changes in behaviour
- Chuck out the guilt
Of course a lot of that is described and explained in more detail and makes a lot more sense in Dr Rick Kausman's book (which I can't recommend enough!)
I am not perfect and I go off focus now and again; I'm still on my journey but I am getting there and these values and beliefs are making my life better and happier and healthier.