Thursday 7 November 2013

Feelin' Blue...

Not sure why, just feeling a bit blah in general lately. Just down in the dumps. I think it's a few things...

I got "Light on Yoga" in the mail and I read all the introduction and everything about yoga and what it means and what else there is to it apart from just the asanas (postures). It was interesting and I got started on the "Weeks 1 &2" (out of 300 weeks!) postures to practice. Oh man, those were hard. Even just the triangle pose was hard; the arm that I was holding up to the sky really hurt at the shoulder. And afterwards I felt like everything was more creaky in my body. I guess it just got me down and I didn't know if I was doing it right, and, well sometimes I give up on things when they get too hard! But after a few days distancing myself I feel I'm ready to try again.

There have been work and family dramas as well which of course doesn't help.

And just a general feeling of anxiety and restlessness...like I'm not accomplishing enough or doing enough in my day. And I've been getting dejavu a lot lately which makes me feel crazy.

Also, I'm frustrated that I think I am still insulin resistant and I still crave sweets. You know, it sucks being gluten intolerant but not for the reason you might think. I can deal with not being able to eat bread and pasta and conventional biscuits etc because there is so much other delicious food to eat. Instead it is mainly because when I'm trying to go on my merry way eating all the things I can eat, there are so many things that have hidden gluten in them. Even if you are careful to avoid grains there are still all the sauces and dressings and other little things that you don't realise have sneaky gluten in them. Plus there's the risk of cross contamination every time you eat out. BUT - I can still acknowledge that it's a blessing in disguise because it makes me automatically cut out a lot of sugary processed foods that contain vegetable oils and trans fats. I guess sometimes we just have our off days when we have a negative attitude.

Even though it would be terrible to have the most severe level of celiac disease where even a bread crumb gives you instant symptoms, at least those affected KNOW when they have been glutened. But since my symptoms usually only arise after a few days of steadily eating grains, I don't know if what I'm eating has been contaminated. And that just sucks too, ya know.

Anyway I just wanted to let that out...

No comments:

Post a Comment